Class A Vacuum Tanker Driver:
Pettit Environmental Inc. is looking for an experienced CDL operator, with good mechanical skills to operate and maintain specialized vacuum trucks that are equipped to ride on rail road tracks for vacuum clean-ups associated with spills.
Pettit Environmental Incorporated is a leading provider of environmental services throughout the Mid-West. The corporation serves a diverse customer base, including Fortune 500 companies, the railroad industry, and many small private entities by providing industrial water blasting and vacuuming; hazardous and non-hazardous waste removal, transportation, and disposal; and emergency response services.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Pettit Environmental Inc. also operates and maintains equipment sites in Indiana and Ohio.
We offer competitive hourly rates, paid weekly and includes ample opportunities for overtime (overtime after 40 hours, double-time on Sundays and Holidays). The corporation’s benefits include affordable medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and accident insurance which start on your 1st day of work. Pettit Environmental Inc. is a drug free work place and requires a pre-employment drug screen. Applicants are also subject to pre-employment criminal history background checks and a pre-employment medical examination.
The Class A Commercial Vehicle Driver operates vacuum trucks, and vacuum tankers with tractor.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Local runs
- Safely operates vacuum tankers with tractor.
- Follows safe work policies, processes, and practices.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management and required by the needs of Pettit Environmental Inc.’s business operations.
Education / Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A valid Class A Commercial Driver’s license is required, with hazardous material and tanker endorsements.
- Experienced in the operation and maintenance of vacuum trucks, and vacuum tankers with tractor.
- Ability to bend, twist, lift and climb.
- Ability to enter / exit heavy equipment without strain.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to operate physical controls / pedals associated with heavy equipment.
- Ability to use tools and to assist in operations of equipment.
- Ability to lift the hoods of vehicles to assist with equipment repairs.
- Ability to lift loads of up to 30 pounds; i.e., supplies and equipment.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- High level of concentration.
- Resilient energy – endurance to maintain physical strength for a long period of time.
Job Schedule, 1st Shift with recurring weekend and on-call, after hour requirements
Travel: Occasional Out-of-Town Travel
Why work for Pettit Environmental?
Competitive wages – overtime after 40 hours and double-time on Sundays & Holidays. Full family health paid for by the company. Affordable medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and accident insurance which start your first day of work.
To apply for this position please call 1-800 264-6482 T-F between 8:00am & 4:00 pm and ask for Ace or fax your resume to (502) 637-3322, or email your resume.
Pettit Environmental Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D