Perform Software Engineering for projects and activities, as assigned, while meeting all project and departmental requirements (e.g. quality, schedule, budget, specification compliance, and technology).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements applications.
- Supports and/or installs software applications, operating systems, computer and networking equipment.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, execution, witnessing, and certification of software.
- Participates in site commissioning activities.
- Adheres to standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under the supervision of a Senior Software Engineer and Software Manager.
- Any other task as directed by management.
Responsibility and Authority
- Noted above – Be aware of engineering budget, engineering processes, and engineering quality. Authority: Engineering technical decisions within spec compliance.
- B.S. Engineering or appropriate Technical Degree.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communications skills.
Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction from management, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with co-workers and customers, understand and follow safety guidelines, and understand the Alliant Technologies Employee Handbook and all company policies. Must be able to interpret written warnings as posted in all work areas in both the Alliant Technologies office or at any work site where Alliant Technologies performs work.
- 1-4 Years of technical/engineering experience
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to one of our Regional Veteran Connectors. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com