ORR Corporation formed from the trunk of Clark Orr Sr.’s car when he began selling safety equipment almost 70 years ago. The company has since expanded, now encompassing ORR Safety, ORR Protection and Inspection Logic. We support 500 employees across 28 locations nationwide but we still maintain the principles of safety, family and integrity, we were built on.
At ORR, we’re dedicated to providing protection for people, property and the environment. Read more about our company culture at ORRCorp.com/about-us.
The Buyer/Planner performs complex planning and procurement in a high volume/high SKU count distribution environment using MRP/ERP system. This role plans, purchases, expedites, and determines inventory policies. Maintains the pertinent MRP system transactional data and its integrity, prepares and analyzes reports, and supports project management of existing and new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All team members must embody the company mission to provide protection for people, property, and the environment in all aspects of their job.
- Review and release planned orders in MRP.
- Review requisitions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Generate purchase orders from releases and/or requisitions within MRP/ERP and submit PO’s to vendors.
- Monitor and maintain purchase orders ensuring the timely delivery of materials to support customer requirements.
- Analyze and maintain optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation, service level agreements and material lead times.
- Setup and maintain ERP parameters related to planning and procurement (MOQ, safety stock, ROP’s, order multipliers, supplier lead time, planning time fence, etc.).
- Work MRP Alerts and Exception Messages to resolution.
- Review vendor acknowledgements and confirmations to ensure pricing, dates, and quantities are in alignment with PO requirements.
- Interface with all departments and resolve problems centered on Purchasing activities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to support continuous improvement projects as needed.
- Expedite purchased items as required. Arrange special delivery if necessary and approved. Proactively communicate expected delivery dates to all key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to make decisions based on defined criteria.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with or general knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Corporate office environment.
- All associates are required to pass a drug screen, background check and motor vehicle report.
ONCE YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU’LL GET TO ENJOY:
- Working for a company where the associates are viewed as the company’s greatest asset.
- Being part of something you can be proud of – making a difference in the health and wellness of people and our planet.
- A growing company with a first class reputation in our respective industries.
- A culture that is fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial.
- A company that offers a focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact.
- A caring group of associates with a commitment to make the communities we work in better for all.
- Excellent benefits including 401(K), health, life, dental, tuition reimbursement and numerous perks such as training and development
Click here to apply.