ORR Corporation formed from the trunk of Clark Orr Sr.’s car when he began selling safety equipment almost 70 years ago. The company has since expanded, now encompassing ORR Safety, ORR Protection and Inspection Logic. We support 500 employees across 28 locations nationwide but we still maintain the principles of safety, family and integrity, we were built on.
At ORR, we’re dedicated to providing protection for people, property and the environment. Read more about our company culture at ORRCorp.com/about-us.
This is an opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and responsible company that fosters the development of our employees. We are seeking a Category Manager to join our growing sourcing team. Position will be based in Louisville, KY and the position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
The Product Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing, owning and executing the sourcing strategies of specific safety product categories. This includes working cross-functionally with customer-facing teams (Sales and Marketing) to identify products to fulfill customer needs and with the purchasing/inventory teams to establish and maintain an efficient supply chain from manufacturer to end-user.
- Develop and maintain strategy for products and suppliers to satisfy customers and internal stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritize and lead activities to improve profitability of the product category and identify product gaps
- Drive on-going supplier cost reductions
- Safety product knowledge expert providing information to internal/external customer enquiries
- Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic suppliers while consolidating existing suppliers where needed
- Negotiate contracts/terms and pricing directly with suppliers
- Collaborate with marketing team to create expert content to drive sales campaigns
- Change agent with internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Demand Planning, Finance, Customer Service) to identify company growth opportunities
- Rationalize suppliers and SKUs to maintain supply chain efficiency
- Monitor and react to safety industry/market trends
- Analyze and anticipate competitor marketing, selection and pricing strategies
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a self-starter that can independently develop supplier/product strategies and execute those strategies while collaborating with the internal cross-functional team.
- Excellent negotiation skills with ability to understand value beyond product cost
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Extensive knowledge of contract terms/conditions
- Broad knowledge of supply logistics
- Strong business mindset
- Self-driven ability to research and implement new supply/product opportunities that align with business strategy
- Time management and prioritization to manage multiple projects
- Problem solving
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Strong and demonstrated analytical skills
- Undergraduate Degree in business/finance (or similar)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sourcing or product management
- Preferred – knowledge of safety products and sources
- Preferred – MBA
- Preferred – CPSM, CPM, or DAU certification
- Work in corporate headquarters in open team environment.
- All associates are required to pass a drug screen, background check and motor vehicle report.
ONCE YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU’LL GET TO ENJOY:
- Working for a company where the associates are viewed as the company’s greatest asset.
- Being part of something you can be proud of – making a difference in the health and wellness of people and our planet.
- A growing company with a first class reputation in our respective industries.
- A culture that is fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial.
- A company that offers a focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact.
- A caring group of associates with a commitment to make the communities we work in better for all.
- Excellent benefits including 401(K), health, life, dental, tuition reimbursement and numerous perks such as training and development
Equal Opportunity Employer / Vet / Disabled
Click here to apply.