This position is responsible for planning, developing and managing construction projects. This includes facilitating the construction designs, ensuring the designs are implemented with utmost safety and the whole process flows efficiently.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below. Specific functions may change from time to time.
“*” Denotes essential function
- *Study proposals, plans, specifications and related documents; analyzing labor, material, equipment and time requirements; assembling & arranging numerical and descriptive information.
- *Collecting, analyzing and summarizing data & trends to generate conceptual, schematic and hard dollar estimates.
- *Assist with engineering drawings and layouts.
- *Collaborate with Sr. Estimator, COO, and Operations Manager on project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when working with vendors, customers and co-workers.
- Act independently and originate new procedures and new approaches to problems.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain initiative to preserve the flow of work.
- Work under stress and with commitment to deadlines.
- Sustain interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of Charah.
- Complete projects and/or reports in accurate and timely manner
- Maintain Company information in a confidential manner.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Display professional appearance, warm demeanor and positive attitude.
- Be a motivated self-starter.
- Work independently and to be accurate, efficient and organized.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment.
- Listen and analyze information presented, as well as communicate information and ideas through effective speaking and writing.
- Manage and coordinate multiple tasks on multiple projects.
- Maintain scheduling tasks to meet deadlines for proposal responses.
- Listen to and understand information presented through spoken words and sentences, as well as communicates information and ideas through effective speaking and writing.
- Use electronic equipment such as computer, laptop, and cell phone for communication to supervisors, co-workers and subordinates.
- Travel with short notice to various locations by flight or vehicle.
- Sit, walk and/or stand for 8+ hours a day as the position is primarily located in an office setting. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and balance occasionally.
- Be exposed to hazardous situations including but not limited to fumes, airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock, and various weather conditions.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- This position requires working in the internal environment.
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends may be required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Four-year college degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar discipline. EIT or ability to obtain PE registration preferred.
- Familiarity site/civil estimating for mass excavations, embankments, hauling and placement of transported materials. Industrial applications are helpful but not required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Utilization of computer programs such as Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of estimating software and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
- Computer and peripherals.
- Drafting equipment