Computershare is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for our expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliation, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world’s leading organizations partner with us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major global financial markets and has over 16,000 employees worldwide who are key to delivering exceptional value and outcomes. Our career opportunities span many business units, including Computershare Loan Services and Kurtzman Carson Consultants – join our growing team of financial services professionals!
The Relationship Manager is the primary contact between Computershare Shareholder Services and its investor services clients. Basic Relationship Manager responsibilities include ensuring that clients receive the services they have purchased and that those services are delivered in a manner that meets and exceeds the clients’ expectations. The Relationship Manager also coordinates all major client activities and services by interfacing with other members of the Essential Registry Team, the client, and operational units and the entire organization as needed. Additionally, in collaboration with all sales units, coordinate cross sells or up sells by introducing clients to additional Computershare products and services.
Position Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Establishes a professional and trusting relationship with clients
- Ensures that clients’ service orders are accurately communicated and executed
- Responds timely to client inquiries
- Monitors and manages client dividend declarations in conjunction with internal operational areas
- Ensures timely funding of services (i.e. dividends) to mitigate financial exposure
- Acts as the central point of contact/control for client annual meetings
- Attends client annual meetings
- Resolves client issues and documents service incidents, follows up with internal business units to secure responses and shares results with ERT Manager, Client and Senior Management
- Assists clients with special projects, expediting transactions, troubleshooting, problem solving, and servicing of all clients’ shareholder and participant accounts
- Ensures that clients are informed of changes in industry and regulatory environments and the direct impact on them
- Serves as a conduit to internal business units to ensure that client feedback on services is communicated timely and opportunities to improve performance can be leveraged
- Monitors revenue relative to forecast and make required adjustments
- Works with other ERT Relationship Managers to ensure proper follow-through on clients’ requests
- Ensures accurate records (i.e. Authorized Capital, Treasury balance) by performing and assisting with reconcilement activities
- Maintains functional knowledge of Computershare’s processes, systems, products and services and communicate enhancements and modifications to clients
- Ensures collection of receivables in accordance with Computershare’s guidelines
- Identifies opportunities and, where possible, coordinates with sales, marketing and product associates in the delivery of additional products and services
- Coordinates with ERT Manager, Finance, Legal and Sales associates where appropriate to determine the components of contract renewals
- Attends applicable webinar, product training, and technical training (as needed)
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, confident, outgoing, and positive
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgment, integrity, and honesty
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems and programs
- Strong organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Appetite for learning
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks consecutively
- Ability to work with a moderate degree of supervision
- Problem solving
Job Specific Competencies:
- Technologically Savvy – Must be able to eeducate clients on a variety of technological tools and resources
- Customer Experience Management – Must implement strategies and techniques to ensure customers have a positive experience at every touch point.
- Business Acumen – Must possess the knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions and apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Must be able to understand of the issues related to the decision-making process; and possess the ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Client Relationship Management: Must be able to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship including influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, and managing.
Experience and Education:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. Previous experience in an account or project management role preferred
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please also contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after submitting your application. Contact Whitney Allen today at email@example.com or Linda Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org