Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Banking Center Manager
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Retail Banking
Location: Radcliff, KY
JOB SUMMARY: Perform customer services, such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and assisting customers with queries concerning financial institution services. Assist with the development of new customer relationships. Answer questions on all services the bank provides, and recognize selling and referral opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a complete range of customer services at the bank, including opening new accounts, explaining available financial institution products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts. Cross-sell products and services.
- Open accounts by preparing the appropriate documents.
- Prepare and maintain account paperwork, including signature cards, check orders, transfers and service charges.
- Responsible for security of instant issue debit card machine and supplies.
- Rent safe deposit boxes, and admit customers to safe deposit vault.
- Research and answer customer questions on a routine basis
- Initiate wire transfers on behalf of customers.
- Responsible for opening, closing, renewing and updating Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Serve as the primary phone operator for the banking center
- Update the Watchdog compliance system for the banking center.
- Serve as a backup teller on a routine basis
- Comply with and assist others in complying with all relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations as it pertains to the functions of this position
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining individual P.E.P. monthly.
- Assist the bank in efforts to obtain and retain customers
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the bank’s profitability goals, including helping the bank not to lose money and helping the bank save money by improving job processes and achieving operational excellence
- Adequate cross training of all job duties have been considered.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of banking laws and regulations as they pertain to this position
- Knowledge of core processing system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and effective computer skills
- Ability to deal continuously with confidential information and to work under deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Self-starter and have the ability to research and stay current on banking laws
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good oral, written and human relations skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to deal tactfully with customers, both external and internal.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Some travel is expected in this position
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Previous experience as a Teller or Customer Service Representative preferred
Click here to apply.