Russell Springs, KY
Dr. Schneider Automotive System Inc., located in Russell Springs, Kentucky, is a Germany-based automotive supplier with more than 90 years of experience in plastic processing, final assembly . As a supplier and development partner in demand all over the world and with over 3600 employees, we manufacture for renowned automobile producer such as Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Fiat Chrysler, Ford, Jaguar/Land Rover, Lamborghini, Maserati, Mercedes, Opel, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Seat, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo.
“WE MAKE THE CAR THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD. ”
This position of Production Scheduler requires multi-tasking under moderate supervision. The primary objective of this positions is to plan and schedule the release of production orders to the shop floor and manage component level inventories to meet customer and business needs. The right candidate must be hands- on, collaborative team player who has a positive attitude, can adapt to handling challenging situations.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are seeking an intelligent, energetic, resourceful employee with the following experience and qualities:
- Review of customer demands thru EDI, MRP, Expert, etc.
- Generate Daily/Weekly/Monthly Production Schedules.
- Sets priorities using the “ABC” Analyze system.
- Daily analyze and monitor of stock levels (molded components, resins, purchased parts, and etc.).
- Liaise with department managers to determine progress of work and completion dates and inventory levels.
- Schedule production to ensure finished goods are produced to meet customer shipping schedule in timely manner.
- Reduce Change overs by effectively scheduling the assembly cells and Utilize personnel for maximum efficiency.
- Proactively communicate production build priorities and exceptional production build activities to internal suppliers. Develop and coordinate plans to overcome exceptional demand shifts/patterns.
- Generating and maintaining capacity plans
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.) ERP/MRP System, BDE System, and other assigned production systems., Capacity Calculation and Capacity utilization, Forecasting, Inventory Control
- Be able to read and generate daily/weekly/monthly forecast.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and analytical skills required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience
- Experience with MRP.
- Firm understanding of MRP fundamentals, EDI, BOM, Routing, Forecasting, Capacity Planning
- Thorough understanding of MRP System transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Production Operations Management, Supply Logistics, or related field.
- An individual without a Bachelor’s degree will be considered if that individual has three years of comparable production planning and scheduling experience within an ERP environment
For more information on this position and to apply, click here.