- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of team members and equipment.
- Recommend methods of improving team member efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Direct the development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Direct day-to-day maintenance activities to ensure uptime goals are met.
- Oversee the process and analyze daily production efficiency and determine whether the standard, performance, tooling or other elements of production are performing satisfactorily.
- Provide advice and assistance to manufacturing departments in connection with the solution to manufacturing difficulties; anticipate finding solutions to the more complex problems that arise, and confer with Corporate Engineering / Tooling when design problems are involved.
- Bachelor degree (B.S.), preferably in Engineering, from accredited four-year college or university; or Associates of Science or Engineering degree and five to seven years experience in Facilities and Manufacturing; or without degree, 15 years work experience in Facilities Management.
- Strong communication skills, leadership skills and team building skills within engineering and maintenance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of this organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications– Word, Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Oracle ERP, knowledge of Database software, Design software; Manufacturing software; and Project Management software.
- Automotive industry experience preferred. Lean/TPS experience preferred.
- Engineering: 4 years
- Maintenance Management: 5 years
- Electrical: 3 years
For more information on this position and to apply, click here.