EKPC Company Information East Kentucky Power Cooperative is an electric generation and transmission company headquartered in Winchester, KY, just 15 minutes east of Lexington. We also have facilities across the state of Kentucky that generate electric power and service centers for local power lines and substations support.
EKPC offers a wage and benefits package that ranks among the best in the state. EKPC provides a 401(k) retirement plan; a medical and dental plan; competitive vacation package; and a professional work environment.
EKPC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veteran
This entry-level position will assist in providing engineering services for the capital improvement and maintenance of the transmission and/or generation assets of EKPC.
- Under direction, analyzes test data, operating data, and plant practices.
- Assists in designing plant improvements in accordance with prudent engineering practices.
- Assists in the preparation of equipment and construction specifications.
- Under direction, coordinate contractors or staff on project-related work; verifies completed work and recommends final acceptance of the project.
- Under direction, monitors the project during construction start-up and recommends modifications necessary to support project success.
- Assists in the analysis, development, and performance of engineered functions of plant betterment activities. Inspects plant modifications, reviews actual work accomplished compared to the plan.
- Assists in the evaluation of results of testing program and recommends improvements.
- Assists with the planning, testing, collecting, and evaluating of data on plant performance.
- Assists in the development, performance, and evaluation of testing procedures and results from testing on new and existing plant equipment.
- Assist in the analysis, development, and recommendation of computer systems and programs dealing with increasing plant performance.
- Under direction, accumulate, analyze, and prepare reports concerning industry operations, laws, and regulations.
- Maintains drawings and files generated or modified by O&M and capital project implementation.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Key Requirements Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering form an ABET accredited school required. Experience:
- 0-7 years of experience Skills and Abilities:
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other technical and non-technical contacts, both inside and outside the Cooperative.
- Must have the ability to creatively apply technical skills to projects and activities that will support the attainment of Departmental, Divisional, and Cooperative goals.
- Must have the ability to think logically and creatively and to understand instructions on specific objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- Must have the ability to plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate personal work activities, with limited direction.
- Must have the ability to learn both technical applications and concepts as well as work with various levels of staff and management.
- Must have good assessment and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of computer programming and use of common applications is required.
- Must be capable and willing to learn on the job and advance to the next level of engineering responsibility, and to work toward acquiring EIT and PE status.
- Knowledge and use of common computer aided software: Microsoft applications.
- Power systems education or experience preferred.
- Knowledge of design and construction drawings (schematics, layout, connection, etc.), preferred.
- Prior experience with CADD applications is preferred.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Contributing to Team Success
- Decision Making
- Customer Focus
- This position is at the Power Plant with usual office conditions and engagement with plant personnel.
- Work in and around operating plant and construction environment where environment demands may include dust, fumes, rough/uneven terrain, variations in temperature, etc.
- This position often works at heights.
- Regularly lifts up to twenty (20) pounds; occasionally lifts up to fifty (50) pounds.
Job Title: Engineer I Job ID: 4442
Location: Spurlock Station
Expires: Thursday, August 2nd, 2018 at 11:59pm
Click here to apply.