ORR Corporation formed from the trunk of Clark Orr Sr.’s car when he began selling safety equipment almost 70 years ago. The company has since expanded, now encompassing ORR Safety, ORR Protection and Inspection Logic. We support 500 employees across 28 locations nationwide but we still maintain the principles of safety, family and integrity, we were built on.
At ORR, we’re dedicated to providing protection for people, property and the environment. Read more about our company culture at ORRCorp.com/about-us.
The Event Logistics Specialist is a key part of ORR’s Events team and will execute first rate events for the entire corporation. The Logistics Specialist will primarily focus on the shipping and materials management for tradeshows, seminars, webinars and major meetings. In addition, this role serves as the point-person for Safety for the Events Department, and will work closely with the Safety Director to ensure all materials are stored, shipped and managed in a way that maximizes associate safety.
The Event Logistics Specialist will take pride in ownership of their contributions and will exude a service minded, can-do attitude. If you are meticulously organized and enjoy a work environment where you are constantly moving, let’s talk!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All team members must embody the company mission to provide protection for people, property, and the environment in all aspects of their job
- Maintain full ownership of the storage, shipping, logistics, maintenance and repair of event materials and trade show requests used to support more than 100 ORR events each year including seminars, tradeshows, webinars and meetings
- Manage proper packing of the event display/demo materials
- Provide tracking numbers to stakeholders while coordinating with the Marketing Specialist to ensure that all event materials requested, arrive to their destination early or on time and undamaged
- Maintain event material storage area and inventory in an organized manner
- Conduct thorough annual and semi-annual inventories of all event materials, and be responsible for alerting to any deficiencies in supplies, allowing ample time for reordering
- Work with external suppliers to clean and repair event material inventories
- Participate as a key team member for the execution of large ORR meetings and seminars by loading/unloading, setting-up/tearing-down and working the events on-site
- Maintain the master spreadsheet itemizing all event materials and their shipping status and location
- Order meeting supplies and take part in printing all necessary name badges, agendas, registration forms and any other printed materials needed to execute events
- Work with Creative Services Manager to maintain promotional item and literature inventories at levels so all supplies are available for use, particularly during peak Spring and Fall rush
- Research new promotional items for events, focusing on high impact/low cost items
- Supports monthly gatherings hosted by our executive leadership team
- Support other event projects as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Shipping and logistics experience preferred.
- ROTC training and background preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized.
- Self-driven with the desire and capacity to take ownership of one’s area of responsibility.
- Ability to regularly provide accurate and thorough reports of event material status.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required, experience with Salesforce and HubSpot preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and provide prompt and responsive customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Typical work hours are M-F 8:00am-5:00pm, with the exception of major event weeks, where longer hours are expected.
- This position is based in the ORR corporate office and does not allow for regular work-from-home days.
- Travel to major events and trade shows expected, to set-up, tear-down materials and handle shipping arrangements and paperwork.
- Must be comfortable with frequent physical activity, and lifting up to 100 lb. crates/boxes with regularity.
- All associates are required to pass a drug screen, background check and motor vehicle report.
ONCE YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU’LL GET TO ENJOY:
- Working for a company where the associates are viewed as the company’s greatest asset.
- Being part of something you can be proud of – making a difference in the health and wellness of people and our planet.
- A growing company with a first class reputation in our respective industries.
- A culture that is fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial.
- A company that offers a focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact.
- A caring group of associates with a commitment to make the communities we work in better for all.
- Excellent benefits including 401(K), health, life, dental, tuition reimbursement and numerous perks such as training and development
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Click here to apply.