Junior Military Officer to Inside Sales Leader
Who Are We?
We build products and relationships that last a lifetime! No really, that’s what we do. We are a successful veteran-led family business with a long-term record of steady growth, and we are determined to accelerate our trajectory. Our products sit at the top of their categories for both price and quality. Check out our websites at www.strong-hold.com, www.fabricatedmetals.com, and www.utilitymetals.com. We treat our customers like we intend to keep them. We go to market through distribution, original equipment manufacturers, and (when appropriate) direct to end users. Our team members are passionate about their company and their co-workers. We reward for performance.
We Are Not:
- Fancy – we believe beautiful facilities are NOT required to make quality products or retain the best team members.
- High Tech – we incorporate technology into our products and business processes, but technology doesn’t drive us.
- Transactional – we have long term relationships with our most valuable customers.
- Satisfied – we celebrate achievement, then set our sights on new goals.
What we’re looking for:
- Junior Military Officers with experience leading Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen or Marines. Experience managing small units or staff organizations. You know the difference between leading and managing, and you’re good at both.
- Someone who wants to win, needs to know the score at all times, and understands performance-based metrics. You many not enjoy briefing those training slides, but you understand that what gets measured is what gets done.
- You know the difference between leading and lagging indicators… and you know the importance of each.
- You’re resourceful, the guy or gal who knows how to get things. You become friends with the other staff officers and even the crusty old chief at the motor pool. Your guys get what they need. Your senior non-commissioned officers respect you and are amazed at what you can do.
- Lots of patience and high emotional intelligence. The ability and desire to work with people who will challenge you.
- You’re extremely comfortable using basic computer systems.
- You love to improve process. You establish new policy and see it through.
- A creative problem solver. Today’s challenges are tomorrow’s opportunities.
- You’ve used Microsoft Excel before and think it’s useful for making lists, but you’d like to learn more about what it can really do to help you analyze data.
- Interested in having some of your compensation tied to the performance of your team.
- Able to develop passion for products in seemingly obscure industries. Believe it or not, this team really cares about stuff a lot of people would call a widget.
- Someone who always makes the best of a hail and farewell, regardless of who’s in attendance.
If you think just showing up and giving orders will get the job done, this job is not for you. We want someone who is ready to dig in and get their hands dirty.
We’re going to do our best to make sure you’re a good fit before we waste your time with a face-to-face interview. Yep, that means some online assessments and remote interviewing tools. Sound like fun? Then why haven’t you applied yet?
For more information and to apply, click here.
After applying for this position, please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com