Fifth Third Bank is one of the top-performing banks in the country, with a heritage that spans more than 150 years. We’ve staked our claim on looking at things differently to making banking a Fifth Third Better. This applies to our relationships with customers and employees alike.
We employ about 18,000 people, and what we offer is:
- A chance for employees to build their future, with supportive career development and financial wellness programs.
- An environment where we win together. We celebrate achievement and work collaboratively. We’re also a three-time Gallup Great Workplace honoree.
- An invitation to impact lives in a positive and lasting way. Everything we do is geared toward improving lives. That’s fun and exciting.
It comes down to the fact that Fifth Third is a warm and caring place to with which to grow – as a customer or as a team member.
The Wealth and Asset Management division puts more than 100 years of experience to work to help individual, business, and institutional clients build and manage their wealth. Better ideas – and better solutions – begin with better listening. Listening to our clients is at the heart of our strategy to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Human Resources Consultant is responsible for providing comprehensive HR management advisory and consultancy services to staff and management of HR clients. The Human Resources Consultant manages operational human resources related issues, including development and communication of policies, training administration, human resources reporting and coordinating in recruitment process, compensation, payroll and performance management processes.
The role is responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work with clients as a human resource professional providing guidance on compliance issues, employee benefits, performance management issues, tactical day-to-day HR challenges, and ensuring all elements are in place for a successful human resource function.
- Work on consulting engagements in the areas of recruitment, leadership training and development, compensation benchmarking, HRIS selection, assessing talent and performance, conducting audits and preparing written summaries and reports for programs and projects.
- Act as a liaison with senior management and/or human resources department staff in ensuring the effective high quality delivery of the service.
- Conduct human resources audits and internal compliance reviews and advising clients on recommended processes/procedures as needed.
- Keep up with current issues and new developments in human resources.
- May work on a team or be supervised by a senior consultant or manager on a project, outsourcing client or other Company initiative.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- HR Certification (PHR or SPHR) – Required, upon eligibility
- 2+ years as a Human Resource Generalist with several areas of specialties
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Excellent written skills and verbal communication, speaking eloquently, with good diction and grammar.
- Demonstrated problem solving expertise
- Proven presentation abilities
- Technology focus – experience using various web platforms and research
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to overcome major issues in a changing environment.
- Interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of the office.
- Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and manage multiple accounts and priorities where timeliness, responsiveness and client satisfaction is of highest importance
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after applying for this position. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com