We are looking for Shared Services professionals to join our GE Appliances team. Our Finance team provides world class collections services and customer experiences. This is an entry-level position with the opportunity to grow within the Finance Organization
What you will Do
- Louisville, KY is the position location.
- $30,000 non negotiable starting salary
- Manage assigned average portfolio of 6MM to obtain receivable past due and collection objectives.
- Interface with customers, sales department, distribution, operations, and other teams to identify and resolve problems. This includes reconciling accounts and providing supporting documentation such as proof of deliveries, purchase orders and lien waivers.
- Make decisions in determining next steps in the collection process, when faced with difficult customers.
- Develop cooperative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Constant use of MS Excel and Access for customer account research, statements, and account reconciliation.
- Working directly with customer on line programs for past due resolution, exceptions and back charges.
- Pull check details to identify unapplied cash and apply to clear open receivable.
- Identify special billing requirements and manage specialty screens
- Resolve customer deductions through working with different departments for credit issuance.
- Approve and release orders by making credit decisions to protect the assets and grow sales, adhering with established company policies and terms.
- Support sales objectives through sound credit analysis and support.
- Make sound business decisions relating to concessions and write-offs, to include possible past due settlements of projects
What you need to Succeed
- Associate or better
- Bachelors degree or minimum 2+ years of experience in collections, accounts receivables, accounting/financial services, or call center setting
- Proven analytical, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous Accounts Receivable and/or Customer Service experience
- Reporting and analysis abilities
- Capacity to multi-task, negotiate/influence, and is detail oriented
- Accountable and willing to take initiative
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after applying for this position. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com