- Compensation: $35,000 to $40,000 Annually
Overview of Role and Properties
Oversee three properties, two commercial and one residential. Performs duties independently, but guidance and direction are provided by owners. Will maintain open communication with property owners, liaising with consultants and property managers for information regarding operations, renovations, and authorizations. The owners will provide direction and support.
Role is general maintenance, repairs, grounds upkeep/landscaping, and overall upkeep of properties. Also oversees part time cleaning service or individual.
- Painting, carpentry, and renovation to keep properties in good condition.
- Ensure air conditioning, appliances, and plumbing facilities in good working condition.
- Daily interaction with employee bases.
- Initiating, performing & overseeing maintenance projects.
Grounds keeping: includes mowing grass, pulling weeds, trimming and pruning trees and shrubs, watering lawns and plants, replacing light bulbs along pathways and parking areas, sweeping or raking leaves, and tidying up bark or other ground covering.
Snow removal: includes shoveling, blowing or plowing snow away from covered walkways and parking lots, and laying down rock salt atop icy surfaces to prevent slipping.
- Develop scopes of work for small improvements/services and seek out qualified contractors to bid the work.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, negotiating pricing, collaborating on approved vendor list, keeping vendor list updated and publishing the list for the properties
- Maintain complete records of maintenance, mileage, costs and repairs.
- Report unsafe or hazardous conditions to owner.
- Respond to emergency situations and takes appropriate action. Will be on-call as the first responder for security system or large interruptions.
- Conduct annual property inspections for budgeting purposes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain work area in clean and professional manner.
- Manage cleaning service/individuals.
- Diagnose problems with appliances and facilitate their prompt repairs for the convenience of property users, and carry out repairs on minor problems, such as light fixtures, clogged toilets, leakages, peeling wall and furniture
Candidates must be detail oriented and hard working. A positive attitude with a smile is a must, due to the fact that this role is a front line position to other personnel or customers.
- Mechanical skills: The maintenance technician is required to have mechanical skills to handle minor repairs and fixtures. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of electricity: Knowing how electricity works will help the technician to diagnose electrical problems and carry out minor repairs.
- General maintenance skills: With good maintenance skills, the technician will know how things work and how to keep the place organized, as well as how to tackle maintenance tasks in a fast and easy manner.
- Ability to use of a variety of hand and power tools, chemicals and paints.
- Must be able to regularly lift or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Comfortable with periods of walking, standing, stooping, working in confined spaces or heights.
- Verbal and written communication skills: The property maintenance technician needs to have strong communications skills for effective delivery of information to vendors, owners and colleagues.
- Ability to deal effectively with all types of people.
- Ability to speak read and write English.
- Must have a vehicle with insurance, valid driver’s license
- 5-10 years experience in similar work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to one of our Regional Veteran Connectors. Contact Whitney Allen today at firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Larson at email@example.com