The Store Manager (Head Coach) oversees and is responsible for the store’s sales effort in each department in the store and supervises the store’s overall operation to ensure efficiency and profitability. It is the Head Coach’s responsibility to convey, monitor, and enforce the company’s policies, goals, and standards to the store’s sales team and keep communication lines open to the District Sales Manager and Store Support Center. The Head Coach represents the company in appearance, attitude and professionalism portrayed to employees, customers, and the community.
- The Head Coach’s most important responsibility is to manage and control the assets of Hibbett Sporting Goods by managing his or her designated store.
- Directs entire sales effort in the store.
- Is constantly acquainted with all aspects of the store including sales statistics, inventory and expenses that together produce profit.
- Consults and teams with District Sales Manager as needed in establishing and enforcing policies, goals and procedures.
- Directs staff to ensure all responsibilities and standards in each department are completed.
- Is responsible for store personnel recruiting, hiring, training, discipline and evaluation.
- Maintains proper security for the store.
- Keeps the District Sales Manager informed as to inventory movement.
- Provides information and vigorously follows through on all marketing or advertising plans.
- Stays aware of customer trends.
- Keeps abreast of competition and new ideas.
- Keeps informed on community related events, to take advantage of potential opportunities.
- Protect the company’s assets and financial information by ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of internal control procedures, and informing management and/or appropriate officials of potential fraud risk.
- Bachelor’s degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training along with a general education degree (GED).