In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology!
Humana is seeking an IT Manager that will support Humana’s value proposition by providing leadership and direction for IT teams. They manage the work of their team, overseeing estimates, commitments, resource allocation, application lifecycles, and budgets. They also lead the people on their team, helping each team member develop and grow personally and professionally.
- Lead their team to build and refine estimates for proposed or assigned work and capabilities to be delivered by their area.
- Define, track, and report delivery commitments, including description, date, and dependencies, to the project managers and other stakeholders.
- Manage the life cycle for each technology or application owned by the team, and factor this information into estimates, commitments, and roadmaps.
- Manage the architectural and related documentation for each technology or application owned by the team, ensuring that the documentation is current and adequate.
- Implement IT strategies as applicable, such as DevOps or Operational Readiness.
- Ensure that the work of their team meets standards for quality.
- Develop and execute quality and satisfaction action plans as necessary.
- Manage the budgets for their team (operating and subarea).
- Know and manage the Total Cost of Ownership for any technology or application owned by their team.
- Manage and develop the talent on their team, including engagement, well-being, and IDP creation, refining, and execution, with the goal of building and maintaining a high-performing team.
- Serve as the point of contact for project managers (PMs), program managers (PgMs), and business technology leaders (BTLs) that interact with their team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Directly applicable IT experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Prior experience in the health solutions industry
- Experience with resource management and managing direct reports (matrixed or direct reports)
- Experience with Vulnerability and/or Patch Management in a large complex server environment
- Ability to coordinate across multiple teams to verify they are planning to meet corporate security goals.
For more information and to apply, please click here and search for Requisition Number 188526.