Healthcare isn’t just about health anymore. It’s about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It’s about living life fully. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Humana, we’re seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
Be a part of the HR Associate Well-being team and use your proven leadership, consultation and project management skills to innovate and sustain enterprise volunteerism capability for Humana associates and the communities we serve in pursuit of our Bold Goal.
Humana is seeking an HR Program Manager to grow our Humana Volunteers program for the enterprise. This role will also support special projects and assignments related to associate well-being.
The Program Manager will be responsible for advancing Humana’s Enterprise Volunteerism Strategy by:
- Providing ongoing thought leadership to sustain and strengthen volunteerism framework, based upon external and internal benchmarking
- Consulting with executives, leaders and associates related to volunteer opportunities and developing relevant insights to drive future process/program development
- Partnering with the Humana Foundation, Bold Goal, Network Resource Groups, and others to create and support ongoing, regular leadership development/team building volunteer events and planning and executing Humana-sponsored volunteer events
- Managing volunteer network system platform designed to promote and track volunteer opportunities and integrated giving strategies; manage our relationship with network system platform provider for excellent user experience
- Sustaining localized volunteerism infrastructure, leveraging best practices from individuals and teams currently in place
- Growing internal and external volunteerism marketing strategy including the management of intranet site and social channels
- Identifying and supporting application process for local and national volunteerism awards
- Maintaining and enhance system for tracking and reporting monthly and annual volunteer goal and incentive programs; including evolving the recognition process for associate volunteering
- Representing volunteerism and associate well-being through enterprise-wide initiatives (i.e. connection to Well-being Champion community, Perfect Experience Summits, NRG activities, Bold Goal initiatives)
- Representing volunteerism and associate well-being through external community partnerships and events; maintaining relationships with Humana’s key strategic nonprofit partners.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
- Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one’s actions.
- Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana’s overall success first.
- Executes for Results: Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Community volunteer experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- High emotional intelligence and ability to interact with various levels in the organization
- Proven track record in building collaborative partnerships
- Highly effective networking
- Consulting Skills
- Ability to effectively connect with, listen to and respond to stakeholder needs and interests with thoughtful and strategic solutions
- Ability to effectively anticipate barriers to success and create strategies to resolve or work-around as needed
- Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated applied experience leading special projects
- Ability to assess project success through measurement; identify and implement process improvement
- Business and Technical Skills
- Sound business acumen; ability to align work and goals to enterprise strategy
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint and social business platforms; ability to quickly learn and provide management of external volunteer website and other technologies
- Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbal
- Personal Accountability
- Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix work environment; prioritizes multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
- MBA or other Advanced Degree
- Project Management Institute certification
- This position reports to the Director, Associate Well-being Lifestyle and Experiences
For more information and to apply, click here.
After applying for this position, please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com