- Assist in completion of the information on insurance forms.
- Responsible for the 837 electronic transmission processing and follow-up on all insurance and patient billing for services rendered.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and Commercial Contracts.
- Assists in insurance companies and follows up on all front-end denied claims and edits.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the electronic submission process, physician office billing system, medical terminology and ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Work closely with office staff to meet the needs of the customer, tracks accuracy of claim transmission, including denials and kick-backs to determine root causes.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Productive typing ability equivalent to 30 w.p.m. required.
- Computer knowledge required.
- Ability to keep accurate financial records and perform mathematical tasks required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT coding required.
- Knowledge of E/M procedural coding preferred.
- Knowledge of Zirmed Clearinghouse System
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical billing environment working with insurance and patient claims processing required.
- Considerable skill in interpersonal communications and the ability to work well with others as a team required.
Click here to apply.