In addition to teaching in the classroom there are a number of activities that will require JROTC instructors to work outside of the regular school hours. An instructor‘s work week could easily exceed 50 hours and may include additional weekend activities.
- Raider Challenge
- JROTC Cadet Leadership Challenge (JCLC)
- JROTC Leadership and Academic Bowl (JLAB)
- Cyber Patriot
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Drill and Rifle Competitions
- Weekend Camps
- Physical Training
- Holiday Parades and Ceremonies (Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day, etc
Noncommissioned Officers must be retired from the Army in the grades of E-6 through E-9.
Officers must be retired from the Army in the grades of W-1 through W-5 or O-3 through O-6.
- JROTC Directorate
- High School
- Brigade HQ
- DAI (may or may not be in the structure)
- Senior Army Instructor (Department Head)
- Army Instructor
All personnel (active duty and retired personnel)
- Copy of last 3 consecutive official evaluation reports (All 3 required with no gaps or courtesy copies), academic evaluations included (to obtain missing military documents, please access your AKO account at http://www.us.army.mil).
- Most recent copy of ORB (Officer) or ERB (NCO) PQR or DA 2-1 for AGR personnel.
- Copy 4 (Member Copy) of DD Form 214. (Active duty personnel must provide a copy of the retirement orders, until copy of DD 214 is available.)
- A copy of DA Form 5500 (.pdf) (Body Fat Content Worksheet (Male) or DA Form 5501 (.pdf) (Body Fat Content Worksheet (Female) taken within 6 months (if required)
- Copy of Initial Qualification Training Certificate.
- Copy of your highest official transcripts from an accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the Department of Education.
- A DA Style photograph in an Army Service Uniform, 4″x 6″ (3/4 body) with name board or information placed on the back taken within one year (no Polaroids).
- Copy of most recent physical exam, on both DD Form 2808/DD and Form 2807-1 or CCF 211-R conducted within the last 12 months.
- Copy of Retirement Orders or DD Form 214 – May NOT be retired for more than three years
- Applicants must also complete an interview conducted by a U.S.ACC certified interviewer AFTER receiving notification from Cadet Command to make an appointment for the interview. Applicant MUST be in proper uniform, Army Service Uniform.
Click here for a list interviewers.
- If you have moved, changed phone numbers, or email address, please contact Instructor Management Division to update your records. Failure to update your records will place you in an inactive status. The inactive status will preclude your name from being submitted to the hiring official for potential employment.
- Notes: Allow at least two weeks for the mailing process before calling with inquiries concerning the status of your certification. Be sure to include your email address on the application. If you have moved, changed phone numbers, or email address, please contact Instructor Management Division to update your records.
- It is NOT recommended that you send any information using Express Mail.
Click here to apply.