Our Shipping Associates are a vital part of the KEEN Team and are one of the most common entry points into our Distribution Center (DC) team. These positions support the outbound loading and shipping of all routed and parcel freight. The primary focus of the Shipping Associate is to move product accurately and efficiently throughout the DC and to the designated shipping method (Truckload, LTL or Parcel). Associates may have the opportunity, after training and certification, to operate powered equipment such as order pickers, pallet riders and reach trucks depending on the needs of the Operation. Associates will work in multiple areas as assigned and support areas based on business volume and team performance. Associates will model KEEN values and act in accordance with KEEN’s mission.
- Loads trailers for both Truckload and Parcel customers ensuring freight matches freight bills and/or is shipped on correct trailers (i.e. UPS, FedEx, USPS or Routing partners (Carriers)).
- Responsible for moving anchored freight from packed complete area to lanes to ship.
- Performs Outbound audits as assigned to confirm shipping and product accuracy
- Works in multiple departments; requiring different task actions, lifting requirements, and technology tools such as RF scanning equipment.
- Identifies and reports problems and supports solutions to maintain excellent service and quality.
- Supports DC operations through building wide housekeeping maintenance including cardboard and waste removal.
- Builds rapport with other departments to ensure correct order flow, service levels and quality levels are maintained.
- Effectively and safely operates various types of powered material handling equipment to complete assigned tasks.
- Moves to work within the DC as assigned.
- Contributes to a positive work environment in a manner that is consistent with KEEN values and expectations; with the bottom line expectation of providing outstanding service to KEEN retail partners and fans.
- Shows respect for the KEEN brand and teammates
- On time and reliable; meets or exceeds attendance requirements.
- The ability to frequently lift and shift boxes weighing an average of 30 to 40 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work
- The ability to work in a standing or walking environment for 8-10 hour shifts
- The ability to cross train in other departments
- The ability to comprehend and apply Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Willing and able to work extended shifts extra days as needed
- May be required to work overtime
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Successful completion of 60-day training program
- Subsidized On-site Vending
- Free Shoe Program
- KEEN Employee & Family Discount Program
- 401k retirement savings program with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Outdoor Industry discounts
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through mutual trust and respect; personal accountability and integrity; desire for growth and learning opportunities; teamwork; positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers, supervisors, customers and partners.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after submitting your application. Contact Whitney Allen today at email@example.com or Linda Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org