This is a 10 week instructional course (6 weeks of in-store training and 4 weeks of classroom instruction) designed to acclimate the candidate to basic functions performed on a management level in a retail grocery setting. Upon successful completion of the training program, you will serve as an Assistant Store Manager with an overall day-to-day responsibility of running all aspects of a retail grocery store.
- Assist store manager and associates in the acheivement of a favorable customer shopping experience and associate interest in customer service/relations.
- Assist in leading teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Work with department heads and associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, wage budgets, profit budgets, and other targeted goals.
- Drive sales working with department managers to maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department’s contribution.
- Assist the store manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions.
- Analyze and respond to the competitive landscape within the store, district and division.
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to ensure store departments are achieving sales and profit goals.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding area in which the store operates.
- Assist in building a proactive and productive relationship with union representatives and business agents.
- Serve as liaison providing feedback to Store Manager, District Manager and Coordinators on the effectiveness of Division merchandising and operational plans/programs.
- Assist the store manager in staffing, reducing turnover, increasing retention and store operations.
- Provide timely feedback to department heads and associates on individual and department performance.
- Assist with the management of labor and supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Earned a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree or 3-5 year Retail Experience
- Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Previous experience in directing the efforts of multiple individuals from diverse work groups
- Previous financial responsibility including budget preparation and management
For more information on this position and to apply, click here.