This is an entry-level position. Position provides project management services to the Transmission Lines Department for the execution of projects that will have a measurable impact on LGE’s operations and/or investment planning. Projects are somewhat complex, costly, and consequential to Company. Position ensures that project estimating, planning, design, construction, and closure are safely completed within time, budget, and scope that meets the customer’s needs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of science degree, zero to three years of Transmission Line Project Management, Engineering, Construction, Information Technology, or Utility Operations/Support experience.
Working knowledge of state and federal regulations and requirements which apply to major design and construction projects. Ability to use project management control programs. Knowledge of computer processing of cost and schedule information. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated understanding of concepts and principles related to managing large and small projects on the electric transmission and distribution and information technology systems. Ability to serve in a leadership role. Working knowledge of technical issues faced in implementation of wide variety of Transmission Lines projects.
- Manages “scope, schedule, and budget” for simultaneous portfolio of Transmission Lines projects.
- Assists with development of project work plans, including milestones, critical path identification, float, engineering, material delivery, outage schedules, and construction activities.
- Resolves project changes, problems (risks), and ensures remedies are implemented to ensure project schedule is maintained. Coordinates both in-house resources and contracted resources, both engineering and construction.
- With some supervision, acts as an intervener to assure dues dates per project plans are met.
- Monitors financial system accuracy, cash-flowing and forecasting of cash flows against project plan.
- Participates with project engineers in the monthly budget variance reporting.
- Utilizes Oracle and Powerplan software systems to track financial expenditures during the course of departmental projects.
- Work with project engineers to understand and track departmental accruals for capital material and contract labor as necessary. With some supervision, may direct the efforts of a small project team (approximately 2-4 personnel, including consultants and contractors).
- Achieves effective coordination and harmonious departmental relations through regular communication, leading project meetings, and reporting.
- Assures timely development of business cases, investment proposals, and financial approvals.
- Work with the Sourcing department and project engineers in the timely and cost effective purchase of project capital materials and contract services.
- Establishes project teams which provide the most economic mix of available qualified internal personnel, consultant, and contractor personnel.
- With some supervision assist with post-project review meetings and activities for project quality review and closure.
- Provides input into performance reviews of project team members. Ensures local permitting and state and federal regulatory commitments are achieved within budgetary and scheduling constraints.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more information and to apply, please click here.