The Staffing Associate provides a variety of clerical and administrative support to the staffing team and hiring managers across LG&E and KU Energy. This position serves a critical role in the management of applicants through the staffing workflow, scheduling support to the hiring team, management of job requisitions files, completion of the new hire onboarding, and as needed attending recruiting events and pre-screening applicants. The Staffing Associate proactively communicates with applicants and the hiring team, demonstrates initiative to resolve issues, and ensures a positive experience for the applicant and hiring team throughout all phases of the staffing and new hire process.
Education and Experience
Associate degree in HR, business or related field or alternate combination of education and job experience which results in equivalent job knowledge is required; Minimum of two (2) years demonstrated administrative support or customer service experience is required; Successful candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and written skills to include accurate grammar and spelling proficiency; Individuals must have experience in handling a variety of tasks while ensuring deliverables are met through managing changing priorities; Demonstrated PC proficiency with a working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Prior applicant tracking system experience, specifically BrassRing is highly desired; Experience utilizing HRIS systems, specifically PeopleSoft, is highly desired; Demonstrated experience in process improvement is preferred; Valid Driver’s license is required
- Provides clerical and administrative support related to all aspects of the staffing process including the job posting, interview scheduling, pre-employment assessments, on-boarding, and job requisition management.
- Develops a working knowledge of the applicant tracking system (BrassRing) involving accurate and thorough data entry in compliance with departmental standards.
- Works with others on instituting work system improvements, process and procedure improvements that positively impact staffing efficiencies, standardization of work, and data entry consistency.
- Develops working knowledge of HRIS application (PeopleSoft) and ensures accurate data entry.
- Administers EEI pre-employment assessments in accordance with program standards and requirements. Develops a working knowledge of the EEI assessment program scoring and data upload processes into the applicant tracking system.
- Ensures pre-employment screening (i.e. drug/alcohol, background, employment reference, and motor vehicle checks) are completed timely and in accordance with established procedures. Monitors background screening results and alerts HR Managers or Staffing Specialists of any issues in a timely manner.
- Oversees the new hire on-boarding process to ensure all relevant information is provided to and completed by new hires and completes processing within necessary time frames.
- Delivers a positive “customer experience” in interactions with candidates and internal clients.
- Maintains I-9 compliance of all new hires and completes timely entries into E-Verify.
- Maintains all job requisition, new hire, testing, etc. files in an organized and professional manner.
- Provides support for external recruitment initiatives including, but not limited to, registering for career fairs, job postings, coordinating outreach activities, and tracking outreach activities.
- Completes special projects and other assignments as assigned.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after applying for this position. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com