Answers Louisville Water Customer Service phone line using professional etiquette. Perform administrative duties such as filing, ordering, and assisting the department as needed. Will perform offline Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) administrative work.
Essential Job Functions
- Answer basic customer questions and/or transfers/direct caller to the appropriate individual and/or department based on information provided by the caller.
- Professionally and effectively communicate when responding to customers particularly in stressful situations.
- Orders all office and miscellaneous supplies for Customer Service & Business Operations.
- Maintain and distribute company Telephone Directory.
- Run and post daily department stats on information board.
- Assist with preliminary application processing and log voice-mail for the New Service Department.
- Serve as a contact for pledge/charity organizations and Utility Empowerment Program. Communicates with organizations regarding any updates, and shares information management to update in system. Contact agencies throughout the year to confirm participation and update information.
- Process/log customer correspondence received by mail, email, fax, or interoffice, which may include; death certificate, name/address changes, general request, leak adjustments, etc.
- Process adjustments and To Do’s in CC&B to include leak, fees, account ID’s, etc.
- Contact customers who need Leak Payment Arrangements and communicate terms of arrangement.
- Processes all returned mail, sort, send to appropriate department, and update address in CC&B (when applicable).
- Assist with copy machine maintenance including ordering cartridges and emailing monthly counts to billing company.
- Send consumers information (bills, letters, etc.) via email or faxes as requested by customer care agents.
- Stay abreast of company policies and procedures to provide accurate and consistent information to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Generally, works 40 hours in an office environment; involves mostly sedentary work using a computer and taking phone calls. This position is considered essential during inclement weather/emergency situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- One (1) year of customer service experience in a call center environment
- Switchboard experience
- Solid knowledge of CC&B
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate in a clear, concise & professional manner with all customers
- Ability to solve problems
- Time management skills including time and attendance.
- Ability to react to change in a productive and professional manner
- Ability to contribute new ideas while accepting responsibility as a team participant
- Team Player – ability to work individually as well as in a team setting
- Flexible work hours typically between 8am – 6pm.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please also contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after submitting your application. Contact Whitney Allen today at email@example.com or Linda Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org