The property IT Systems Manager contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support technology objectives. The systems manager is responsible for assisting property management with technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. The systems manager will interface with vendors, owners, executive committee and property staff.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 3-5 years’ experience in like position.
- Previous experience in Marriott Systems Support, MICROS, PBX, POTS and Active Directory desirable.
- System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
- Responsible for managing technology/asset life-cycle. Ensures that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom, etc.) is ordered and available
- Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s)’ performance problems
- Is accountable for disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
- Ensures technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott policies and standards.
- Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
- Performs adds/moves/changes/deletions.
- Ensures that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
- Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
- Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems
- Escalates problems as appropriate through Area Systems Manager or Global Field Services
- Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server/network.
- Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
- Performs routine to complex desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
- Provides end-user support to property staff, business center.
- Resolves issues with setup or reset of security passwords
- Supports email and use of network
- Creates and maintains secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance.
- Managing Work within Budget Targets
- Assists/provides input to property management for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the financial dynamics property operations and can apply knowledge/judgment to assist management in achieving technology-related goals.
- Reviews operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges
- Advises management on required short-term technology investments for property planning.
- Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Determines solutions and implements per cluster SOP.
- Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management.
- Assists in the reviews of vendor proposals to determine appropriate vendor selection for local technologies/hardware.
- Ensures compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
- Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
- Writes/presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in a well-written and/or verbally articulate manner
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
For more information, please click here.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com.