We are actively seeking a Payroll Tax Analyst to join our team. You will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation US payroll tax returns, deposits and reconciliations utilizing designated HRMS (WorkDay) software, MasterTax, Query/report writing, 1099 TaxPro and Excel. These include State/Local for US and Federal and Provincial payroll tax liabilities for 20+ legal entities across the US on behalf of all Marsh & McLennan Companies and its related US subsidiaries.
The position requires client service skills, close attention to detail, excellent communication skills, advanced interpersonal skills, and teamwork.
Payroll Tax Management:
Ensure accurate and timely processing of tax payments for US tax withholdings and unemployment taxes. This includes correcting reconciliation errors where needed and prepare/file amended returns as necessary.
Research and respond to less complex inquiries related to payroll taxes, deductions and wage withholdings.
Quality & Operational Management:
Ensure documentation of Payroll Tax SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) is maintained and updated periodically.
Report concerns to Payroll Tax Manager and/or Sr. Payroll Tax Analyst when issues are identified and/or escalated. Ensure consistency in work flow and organizing of folders within team.
Update and maintain the HRMS (WorkDay) with current information in tax laws. This includes, but is not limited to, updating tax tables, tax rates, location codes, assigning new jurisdictions, maintaining consistency between HRMS and MasterTax, updating W-2s and W-2c information, tax balance adjustments, gross taxable components, and other tax information.
Communicate effectively with teams across the human resource department to ensure customer service standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Associate Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years payroll tax preparation experience or other relevant experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Basic to intermediate payroll tax rules and regulation knowledge required
- Requires strong communication (written & oral), organization, and customer service skills
- Requires strong computer and analytical skills in a Windows based environment – including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong knowledge of HRMS (i.e. WorkDay) and case management software (i.e. ServiceNow) preferred
- Payroll Certification desired
For more information on this position and to apply, please click here.