Monument Chemical in Brandenburg, KY is seeking candidates for an Operations Team Leader.
- Safely executes all daily activities by coordinating the efforts of the production engineers, permit writer and production coordinator for effective execution.
- Responsible for performance management of all Polychemical production engineers, permit writer and production coordinator.
- Ensures updated checklist, procedures and instructions are available for each operation (i.e. product, wash flush, blending, batch sheets, retreats, PSSRs, RTO, etc.). Update paperwork and instruction distribution is essential with the frequency coming by way of various roles.
- Manages change control for the unit – ensure shift to shift consistency is achieved for safe and quality production.
- Attends the supply and operations meetings and communicates expectations to the Polychemical team. Responsible for explaining positive and negative production deltas as they relate to S&OP.
- Reports daily production status and attends the Critical Communications daily planning meeting and weekly planning meeting with Supply Chain.
- Communicates priority to the Polychemical Operations Team Leader and Shift Supervisors to ensure resources are aligned with supporting priority (i.e. maintenance needs, etc.)
- Work with Polychemical Operations Team Leader and Shift Supervisors to ensure safe and efficient execution.
- Support investigations and Quality Leader so the proper action items are identified and implemented for issues. Verify and report effectiveness of implemented actions.
- Work with OEE leader to ensure improvement initiatives are properly identified and driven to enhance unit performance.
- Report overall unit performance and provide details on various intitiative status upon request-monthly frequency.
- Provide backup for the Shift Supervisors and Operations Team Leader, when necessary.
- Drive continuous improvement through prioritization and tracking of improvement suggestions, projects, identification, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing production operations or equivalent combination of post High School education and experience. Specific knowlege of production and process equipment including but not limited to vacuum systems, distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, agitators, storage tanks, control and instrumentation.
- Previous supervisor or leadership experience.
- Good organizational, verbal/written communication interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead teams.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficiency in math with demonstrated ability to learn and understand day to day operations of a production unit.
- Strong computer skills. Good working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Must be capable of working under pressure, making quick decisions and taking action during emergency situations to ensure the safety of employees and/or property.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after applying for this position. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com