Monument Chemical in Brandenburg, KY is seeking candidates for a Production Shift Supervisor.
- Provide oversight and guidance to hourly operations personnel working multiple production units, a boiler house operation, a waste water treatment facility and quality control laboratory.
- Must be capable of working under pressure, making quick decisions and taking action during emergency situations in the unit/plant to ensure the safety of employees and property. May be the management representative on duty weeknights, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
- Monitor daily shift operations in the Polychemical Unit. Monitor batch sheets, operator logs, cycle times and process bottlenecks to ensure that quality product is product to meet the production plan.
- Monitor the completion of all mandatory safety training, providing overview of the MOC process and lead unit HSE meetings. Complete necessary documentation of meetings and ensure safety inspections are carried out and recorded.
- Liasion between operations and maintenance to include overseeing Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Instruct and train operators to make in-process material adjustments to meet customer expectations.
- Coordinate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) reviews with operators and unit engineers by reviewing SOP’s with operators and returning revisions to engineers for corrections and changes.
- High School education required. Technical or College degree in a related field preferred.
- 5-10 years experience in manufacturing production operations required; chemical manufacturing operations highly preferred.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Specific knowledge of production and process equipment, to include vacuum systems, pressure vessels, pumps, agitators, tank farm and instrumentation.
- Good organizational, verbal/written communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficiency in math with a demonstrated ability to learn and understand day to day operations of a production unit.
- MS Office experience required. SAP experience a plus.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after applying for this position. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com