East Bernstadt, KY
- Job Description – Electrical/ Maintenance Technician
- Reports to: Engineering Manager
This position will partner with our engineering and maintenance teams to focus on projects and initiatives in the area of electrical and PLC’s for upkeep and process improvements.
Key responsibilities and accountability:
Develop and integrate electrical control systems for machines and manufacturing processes as well as large scale communication network architecture design
Be part of the engineering and maintenance team discovering, designing, and implementing the latest technologies
Applies expertise and background knowledge to modify process automation applications, such as control strategies, Human Machine Interface (HMI) design and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) development in order to improve the process.
Write, edit, and enhance PLC programs for new and existing equipment
Provide initial project development including concept, design, layouts, cost estimating, cost justification, research and selection of the best equipment, and project submittals with timelines and contingencies
Provide advice and technical direction as a support member on an as-needed basis
Provide continuous improvement in the company’s productivity pipeline and offer innovative ways to improve the company’s performance
Works with Engineering Manager and maintenance technicians to identify losses, and develop plans and strategies to eliminate them, in the areas of safety, quality, reliability and cost.
Work with other maintenance and engineering personnel on projects to constantly improve safety, product quality, maintainability, continuous improvement, and customer service
Use your technical knowledge of maintenance and PLC’s to recommend non-traditional, creative ideas and solutions
- Minimum five (1-3) years performing troubleshooting and repair of industrial control and electrical systems in an industrial environment.
- Experience in developing programmable logic and operator interface software.
- Experience installing, programming, and troubleshooting Allen Bradley devices such as PLCs, SLCs, MMIs, drives, etc.
- Working knowledge of computers and Ethernet I/P communications, and Device Net.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Good programming and electrical trouble shooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team-based environment
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities with and without documentation.
- Ability to use basic test equipment (i.e. meters, scopes, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to learn and perform various duties.
- Personality – Easy going/willing to learn
- Computer Skills – AutoCad Electrical, PLC, Excel etc.
- Literacy and Numeracy – High math skills
For more information on this position and to apply, click here.