This job description has been prepared as a guide to ensure better communication, clear expectations and understanding of the role of Safety Coordinator. All responsibilities have not been included; Supervisors and Managers may from time to time ask Safety Coordinator to perform other related duties not specifically included in this description. This description will be reviewed annually by the Department Manager and revised if needed to meet the business needs of the organization.
- Ensure the development and up to date training for the following programs: Hazardous Communication Program, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Assessment and PPE, LOTO, Emergency Action Plan, Fall Protection, Hot Work Permit, and other applicable programs.
- Conduct walk through inspections finding hazards and establishing a corrective action plan to close them out.
- Work closely with HR Manager to mitigate workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Conduct accident/injury investigations along with supervisors
- Monitor “Yellow Card” Near Miss program
- Conduct investigations into employee inquiries, suggestions, and complaints
- Maintain required safety and health document/files
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Adhere and enforce company policies and procedures
- Participate in problem resolution, identify safety concerns and communicate with departments with the facility
- Contribute to a work environment free from harassment, where fairness, equity and non discriminatory practices are standard
- Adhere to the Quality Policy and Environmental Policy as they relate to ISO 9001:2008 and EMS ISO 14001:2004 and TS 16949
- Provide information, instruction and supervision to Employees, to protect health or safety of the Employee.
- Carry and enforce workplace safety guidelines and health and safety statement.
- Ensure first aid treatment is given to an injured employee immediately and further assistance, including medical is sought immediately.
- Complete reports of accidents / incidents immediately and participate in corrective action process.
- Ensure safety concerns that arise from safety incidents, accidents or safety meetings are corrected immediately.
- Ensure work instructions are followed to safely produce quality part per customer specifications.
- Cooperate, participate and lead corrective actions in conjunction with health and safety committee, continuous improvement team and other departments within facility.
- Ensure all local, state and federal laws are upheld and followed in relation to safety, environmental, hiring and recruitment and worker safety, as stated by KYOSHA and the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Association.
For more information on this position and to apply, click here.