Perform human resources administrative tasks to support the Corporate Headquarters for an Industrial Cleaning Company. Assist the Office Manager of Pettit Environmental Inc., an established environmental services company based in Louisville, Kentucky, in all aspects of corporate human resources administration. This position works directly for the Office Manager of the Louisville office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft corporate job descriptions for review and approval by management.
- Recruit qualified applicants to fill vacant corporate positions.
- Screen, test, and perform preliminary interviews of qualified applicants; make recommendations to management about which applicants should be invited for detailed interviews.
- Assist the office manager with on-boarding new employees. Specifically, orient new employees by providing human resources information, reviewing corporate policies, gathering withholding and other payroll information, and explaining and obtaining signatures for corporate policies and programs.
- Assist the office manager with the administration of the corporation’s employee benefit programs.
- Assist the office manager with all administrative tasks associated with the termination of a current employee’s employment.
- Observing the strictest confidentiality when handling employee data / information, assist the office manager with organizing and maintaining human resources records ensuring that the data in these files is complete, accurate, and current.
- When directed, maintain corporate employee compliance records / on-line database. Responsibilities include: managing and maintaining accurate and complete employee driver records (driver’s license, accident records, annual motor vehicle records checks, etc.), employee drug & alcohol testing records, and employee medical files; administering the corporate drug and alcohol testing program to ensure compliance with the Department of Transportation and the Federal Railroad Administration; and administering the corporate physical examination program to ensure compliance with the Department of Transportation and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- When directed, calculate employee paid time and submit data to the office manager for final review and processing of paychecks.
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims, compiling substantiating documentation, submitting requisite employer protests, and participating in unemployment adjudication events including telephonic appeals.
- In conjunction with the Corporate Safety Trainer / Industrial Hygienist, maintain a current (updated weekly) employee safety training roster that compares client safety training requirements with the training completed by each employee.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading
- Maintain various employee administrative rosters, including a corporate phone roster, an employee birthday list, and an employee roster / emergency contact list.
- Maintain / update corporate documents (WORD, XLS, PPT, & PDF) within various folders on the corporate share drive.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Desired: Knowledge of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements, Department of Transportation / Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, and Environmental Compliance Regulations.
- 3 years minimum experience in human resources administration.
- Strict adherence to the safeguarding of sensitive, close-hold employee information; the
ability to manage / process sensitive, close-hold employee information in confidence.
- Strong communication skills, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Windows Operating System and MICROSOFT Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Adobe, Internet Explorer).
- High School Diploma required; college degree in human resources is preferred.
- Applicants should be skilled in MICROSOFT OFFICE applications and
WINDOWS operating system for personal computers.
- Valid driver license required.
- Ability to lift loads of up to 20 pounds; i.e., supplies and equipment.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- High level of concentration.
- Resilient energy – endurance to work up to 10 hours per weekday without tiring.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to one of our Regional Veteran Connectors. Contact Whitney Allen at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com