POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support within the Human Resources department to ensure the effective and timely management of all Human Resources related functions and records.
- Associates’ degree in HR or related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant HR experience required.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of EEO laws and general HR policies required.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration related to recruitment and benefits required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Working knowledge of HRIS system UltiPro preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers phones and direct incoming calls to appropriate parties promptly and efficiently, which may include transferring caller to an associate’s voice mail when associate is unavailable.
- Performs administrative tasks/projects for Director of Human Resources.
- Ensure appropriate HR documentation is filed into confidential employee files on a weekly basis.
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company associates.
- Responsible for keeping policies and procedures up to date for areas of responsibility.
- Proofs invoices and prepares check requests for payment.
- Performs customer service functions by answering associate requests and questions.
- Responsible for the new hire 90 day check-ins.
- Assist in the annual I-9 audit.
- Act as primary back up for Recruiter Assistant and Recruiters if needed.
- Assist Benefits Manager with the annual facilitation of the annual Open Enrollment process and other annualized employee related events as needed.
- Assist Employee Relations Manager with the annual facilitation of the performance review/bonus process.
- Welcomes visitors and associates by greeting them as they enter Human Resources, in person or on the telephone.
- Maintain HR Conference Rooms scheduling.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Requires excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with Bank Associates, Clients, Executives, etc.
- Must have strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- High level of self-initiative and dependability, possess positive “can do” attitude.
- Detail-oriented and accurate while working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and able to work in a team environment.
- Must be professional in appearance and attitude and possess the ability to work in a professional manner with associates, vendors and employees at all levels.
- Must work under pressure of meeting deadlines with ability to organize and prioritize work.
- The ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential, sensitive & timely information is crucial.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Requires a flexible work schedule that may include some evenings and weekend work.
- Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
For more information and to apply, click here.
After applying for this position, please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com