The Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing projects and programs that are approved for Project Services. The Project Manager will utilize Project Services Project Management best practices, processes, procedures, and standard methodologies to ensure all assigned projects and programs deliver quality and cost effective, anticipated and agreed upon results. This position will continuously solicit feedback from Project Services team members and project team members, and will be responsible for the development, enforcement, and continuous improvement of the Project Services processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration required; or equivalent experience at the discretion of the Manager of Project Services.
- Minimum five (5) years project management experience, involving successful development and deployments required.
- PMP® Certification required (within the first year) and sustained.
- Two (2) years of program and/or project portfolio management experience preferred.
- Full life cycle systems implementation experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Knowledge Areas.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple, concurrent projects and/or programs.
- Established skill leading cross-functional project teams on large or complex projects and/or programs.
- Strong MS Office skills including, but not limited to: SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and Visio required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises project team members and other project resources; provides direction to other project managers.
- Provides guidance and training to project managers outside of Project Services in the development and management of project plans and materials and ensures compliance with the standard project management methodologies.
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of Project Services methods, standards, and processes within the organization, ensuring projects and programs are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Manages multiple projects and programs simultaneously using Project Services best practices and methodologies to ensure customer needs are met.
- Prepares detailed project and program charters and corresponding plans, leads project team meetings, directs and coordinates project activities in order to ensure deliverables are achieved on time and within budget.
- Reviews project plans on a weekly basis, prepares and submits status reports, monitors project deliverables and communicates to senior management any issues that may impact team delivery.
- Leads and organizes tasks to be carried out as part of analysis and development and ensures completion within projected timelines.
- Partners with various internal resources to provide ongoing troubleshooting and issue resolution throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manages budgets, and reports on results to senior management or senior program manager (when appropriate).
- Works with project team to identify and assess project risks and mitigation strategies. Takes a disciplined approach to managing project issues and risks.
- Prepares and conducts formal presentations for project governance processes. Assists with governance meetings, preparing the agendas, collecting the presentations, and facilitation of the meetings.
- Responsible for relationship management with key business sponsors and provides leadership on all projects and programs as assigned.
- Manages project change requests, project reporting, and project record retention for project documentation and artifacts, as well as the same for the program level.
- Solicits feedback and guidance on Project Services’ methodologies, tools, and best practices from other senior project/program managers, senior project team members, and supervisor.
- Willingly performs all other job duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledgeable of the project life cycle and key components of project and program management and delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; customer service oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills; strong general management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with no direct supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
- Strong time management skills and self disciplined; ability to work with minimal direction.
- Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to solve problems in practical ways using innovation, good judgment, creativity, and strategic thinking.
- Must be able to resolve conflicting situations, have effective team management skills, and be very detail oriented.
- Tolerance of ambiguity; ability to thrive in a fast paced, challenging and consistently changing work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
- Out-of-town travel is anticipated, and may be required depending on project assignments.
- Requires a flexible work schedule that can be coordinated with other Project Services team members to ensure coverage for project activities.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
For more information and to apply, click here.
After applying for this position, please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com