Safely troubleshoot, repair and maintain plastic thermoforming equipment to include extruders, thermoformers, grinders, trim presses, and other production machinery. Applicants must have electrical and mechanical skills, experience and knowledge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for providing maintenance support to safely achieve optimal levels of productivity and quality. The Technician will also be required to;
- Safely perform electrical and mechanical repairs on equipment while following all lockout and plant safety procedures to include the use of required PPE.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair automated production equipment from blueprints, schematics and technical manuals. PLC programming or troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production and process equipment for proper operation.
- Notify management of any potential equipment issues or abnormalities.
- Perform preventive maintenance of production equipment.
- Enter required information into maintenance data base in a timely manner.
- Maintain organization of Maintenance Areas and any other area where repair work is in progress.
- Required Qualifications:
SPECIFIC SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Have experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Be skilled in electrical troubleshooting of control circuits and exhibit the ability to safely work with single and three phase voltages up to 480 volts.
- Have experience with servo- drives / motors and PLC logic.
- Be able to safely troubleshoot and identify problems in electrical heating systems involving thermocouples, temperature controllers and solid state relays.
- Have experience repairing and replacing mechanical drive components including bearings, chains, sprockets and gear reducers.
- Must have tools to perform mechanical and electrical repairs- including electrical multi-meter, etc.
- Flexible to work any shift and required overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED required- 2-year technical degree or related certifications or training is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience in industrial manufacturing. Plastic extrusion manufacturing is a plus.
- Must be able to lift, climb ladders, platforms and work in tight spaces in and around machinery.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Must be able to work with and assist others effectively in a team environment.
- Must be computer literate in Windows, Outlook, etc.
- Skill Level will determine pay level.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after applying for this position. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com