Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides leadership to a team of employees that is responsible for the maintenance of all manufacturing equipment, tools and support equipment to realize a company profit while serving as the local contact for significant capital projects. The safety of that team and maintaining a high level of housekeeping is essential.
Identifies develops, and implements engineering / technical programs targeted at eliminating the 7 wastes typically associated with Lean manufacturing (Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Over Production, Over Processing, Defects) while directing local contractors associated with both central and site-specific capital projects.
Creative thinker and strong communicator who can operate as a liaison between the Operations and the Technical Service groups to lead efforts to prioritize projects which assure the most effective return on assets employed and maximum benefit to the business.
This individual will also lead efforts to leverage successful projects throughout the various production areas as well as sharing these best practices divisionally.
Included in the effort will be the justification, drafting, submission, and management of both central and local capital projects.
Areas of specialty include:
- Expected continuous improvement in the quality of all work in the support maintenance of all work machines, tooling and facility
- To meet or reduce budgeted material and labor cost variances with emphasis on scheduled preventative maintenance on a timely basis
- Maintain accurate employee records in preparation for a fair and equitable assessment of performance to be administered during and at the completion of the fiscal year for all employees
- Maintain and educated workforce through continuous training and discipline programs
- To implement and maintain a parts inventory at lowest possible costs, but suitable for the plant’s support of all operations with minimum delays to fulfill our goals
- Knowledge of plastics and their related process equipment in thermoforming and extrusion
- Computer literate in CMMSs (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) such as Mainsaver, Maximo, SAPPM, etc. and Microsoft Office (esp. Excel)
- Complete understanding of a successful planned, preventative and predictive maintenance programs
- Electrical/mechanical knowledge in manufacturing environment
- Manage/facilitate completion of specific projects assigned in a timely manner.
- Can multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Performs an assortment of complex engineering duties such as the planning of manufacturing processes, and the installation, operation, and maintenance of new equipment.
- Provides existing product line support in design activities and/or modification of hardware in production.
- Prepares complex mechanical engineering studies, specifications, and cost estimates.
- May assist in time studies and cost estimates.
- Supports and implements process efficiency improvements throughout manufacturing.
- Supports operations group by implementing solutions designed to achieve operational goals in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Is a key expert in the role in the selection and design of all process/packaging/facility related equipment and the integration of same into the operation.
- Provides engineering skills and technical details for equipment layout, integration, and specification services for projects that include a comparative analysis and executive summary for senior management.
- Helps Technical Services Manager in identifying and driving cost effective improvements in safety, quality, reliability and output.
- BS in Engineering with 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Demonstrated application of complex concepts, practices and procedures within particular engineering field.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and motivational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma training and certification preferred.
- AutoCAD drafting skills preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills, Microsoft Office Suite, facilitation, organization, attention to detail, ability to lead, work, and mentor others in a team environment
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and a focus on detail, strong organizational abilities a must.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after applying for this position. Contact Whitney Allen today at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com