Fort Knox, KY
SAIC is seeking an Entry Level Java Developer to join our Keystone team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command.
The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading legacy applications into new Java based web applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the REQUEST and RETAIN systems.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4 additional years’ related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
- Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
- 1+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications (School experience considered).
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
- Oracle Certified Associate Java 1.8 or Oracle Certified Professional Java 1.8.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar).
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion. WORK LOCATION: Fort Knox, KY
For more information and to apply, please click here.