Stock Yards Bank & Trust Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stock Yards Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ; SYBT), with company assets totaling just over $3 billion. Founded in 1904, Stock Yards Bank has evolved from a small bank serving the Louisville livestock industry to a nationally recognized bank known for exceptional service and financial performance. Our capabilities align well with those of national banks, but our focus has always been building a strong relationship with our customers while providing an engaging work environment for our employees. Stock Yards Bank & Trust employs over 600 people and has consistently received recognition for being one of the best places to work in Kentucky.
Since 1904, Stock Yards Bank & Trust has become one of the region’s premier community banks – renowned for the close, personal attention that distinguishes us from other financial institutions in our market. Our bank actively seeks individuals to help us build trusted partnerships and further our success. We are pleased to announce there is an opportunity for you to advance your achievements as a Service Associate II while helping us further our success.
As a Service Associate II, your day will be filled with opportunities to complete face-to-face customer banking transactions, sell and cross-sell bank products and services, and provide exceptional customer service. Customer service and cash handling experience combined with math and balancing accuracy skills are important while Stock Yards Bank & Trust will provide a professional environment to continually improve the candidate’s skills to further his/her career goals for advancement within the banking profession.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive and validate deposits and process withdrawals and loan payments from customers
- Cash checks following SYB check cashing policy
- Sell official checks
- Balance Cash drawer daily
- Process and balance teller work through image capture
- Sell and cross-sell SYB products
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Open new accounts, sell bank products and services
- Retain and expand customer relationships
- Process and close loan request
- Assist customers with questions and/or concerns about their banking accounts
- Perform operational task such as account maintenance, tracking of information, etc.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years of banking experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Computer proficient
- Basic Word and Excel knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.