Mount Vernon, KY
Level of Education : High School/Equivalent
Years of Experience : 2+ to 5 Years
- 2nd Shift 3PM-Midnight
Required Education: A Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent combinations of technical schools and work experience. Graduation from a recognized electronics or computer technology program. Military technician training may be substituted for formal technical training.
Required Travel: Limited to the travel sites within the metropolitan area, but may require trips outside that area. A valid driver’s license and personal transportation is required.
Base Pay: Hourly
Employee Type: Full-Time
Work Hours: The following may be required:
- Overtime maintenance
- Shift work other than first shift
- A rotating shift assignment
- A work week other than Monday-Friday
Position Description: Independently perform complex maintenance tasks in a timely manner to include hardware and periodic application software fixes. Able to plan and lead in the installation of new product upgrades and equipment relocations. Also responsible for the implementation of field engineering changes. Ensure the overall cosmetic appearance of machinery is clean and presentable. Be knowledgeable of, and adhere to, all company policies including alert procedures, call dispatching and closure, inventory control, time and expense reporting, preventative maintenance and equipment availability reports. Employee will be responsible for providing and overseeing continual training and assistance to the customer in the operation and customer-related maintenance of all BancTec maintained equipment. Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with fellow workers, supervisors and area sales personnel while maintaining a positive work attitude at all times.
- Must have three (3) to five (5) years minimum hands-on experience in an associated field.
- Possess above average talent in the proper use of common tools and test equipment to effect proper repair of hardware and computer equipment.
- Possess good comprehension and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customers and employees. Typically interact with equipment operators, supervisors and headquarters personnel.
- A+ certified and NT CBT trained a plus.
- Must have superior ability to make sound, logical decisions to affect repair on complex technical problems with minimal supervision.
- Requires frequent movement of products and parts weighing up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in the job nor is it intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills necessary to perform the job.