At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
This is a supplemental position with provisions and benefits different from a regular full time position
- Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work
- Monitor and on occurrences.
- Be the first responder as secondary support
- Through Process Confirmation, verify that the line is running safely, smoothly, and producing quality parts
- Support Continuous Improvement and coach problem resolution to the lowest level of the organization
- Communication and recognition
- Build Team Leader and Team Member capability
- Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents
- Optimize throughput in accordance with budgets and cost objectives Identify sources of variation within a production environment effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Capable of assigning work to unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms safety, quality, and throughput
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends.
- Support concern resolution with cross-functional teams, including the Quality department, production, and suppliers.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year Microsoft Office experience
- 1+ year supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Body shop/stamping /paint/subassembly experience preferred
- Safety and Quality experience preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of constraint management principles
- Prior experience managing a unionized work force
- Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership in One FORD (leadership) behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
The distance between imagination and creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. Ford Motor Company also is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment such persons.