**Remote work possible**
SAIC is seeking a Sybase DBA to be a critical member of a team of DBA’s providing on-site customer support. Candidate is expected to perform troubleshooting, administration, monitoring, tuning, and operations functions on Sybase databases for mission critical applications for a federal government agency. Must be able to understand advanced database technology concepts at a detailed level, ask the right questions, and work well with vendors, SME’s, engineers, management and customers. Excellent communication skills are important including an ability to explain complex database concepts to all levels of system users and management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide real time support to maintain the necessary functionality and respond to issues as they arise for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, and Sybase Replication Server.
– Provide Database Administration for the Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, and Replication Server. Administer Sybase Replication Server by performing the following subtasks on the Windows NT, UNIX, or Linux platforms: install, configure, start/stop, upgrade and monitor.
– Operate, maintain, backup, and recover the environment.
– Support technical users by identifying and resolving user problems.
– Support application development and deployment.
– Provide administration for database including the following: install, configure, start/stop, upgrade, and monitor, manage, reorg/rebuild, and maintain the Sybase ASE.
– Knowledge to create and maintain replication tables, perform subscription materialization, define data server functions, establish replication functions, manage warm standby applications, maintain routes, maintain and manage database connections, handle errors and exceptions, recover databases, and reconcile database inconsistencies
– Administer security procedures IAW STIG and RMF guidance.
– Able to work successfully in an active operations and development environment.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. Bachelor’s degree in computer related studies or equivalent technical field. 4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted instead of a Bachelor’s degree.
– 5+ years of professional experience in Sybase.
– Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments.
– Strong knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
– Sybase certifications or other relevant certifications a plus.
– US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
– Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract. SAIC will process the required clearance for the qualified candidate.
– Must be CompTIA Security+ certified prior to beginning work.
The U. S Army Human Resources Command (HRC) executes career management, sustainment, distribution, and transition of Army personnel in order to optimize its personnel readiness, enable leader development, and strengthen an agile and versatile Army. SAIC has proudly supported HRC for the past 15+ years. The Maude Complex, which houses HRC is an 800,000+ square foot building completed in 2010 that can accommodate a work force of 4,400 personnel. The Data and Application Support Task Order (DASTO) is a single award task order that provides the U. S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC) with full lifecycle information technology (IT) support. This includes the technical and management support to the Government of existing systems and business processes, as well as the implementation of current and future initiatives. Under the DASTO contract, SAIC provides a full spectrum of human resources and information technology solutions through enhancement and development of HRC systems, applications, and databases vital to access and manage the active- duty, Army Reserve, retired personnel, National Guard Soldiers, Individual Ready Reserve (IRR), Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC), U. S. Military Academy (USMA), Department of the Army Civilian and other personnel, in peacetime and at war.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2018, 5:17:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job
Click here to apply.