Synaptek Corporation, a “Fast 50” technology company in the Washington D.C. area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays. Visit us at www.Synaptekcorp.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
Occasional national and international travel will be required.
We are searching for a Network Installation Technician to join our government project supporting Defense Logistics Agency. Interested personnel shall be available to periodically support meetings at government facilities at a Defense Logistics Agency location as required by task or by Government Program Manager.
The Network Installation Technician performs a variety of routine project tasks applied to network installation.
- Supervision of contractor personnel
- Analysis, design and installation of local and wide area networks
- Analysis and installation of communication systems
- Familiar with engineering documentation, network configurations and topologies, X.25, TCP/IP, frame relay, bridges and routers
- General experience with increasing responsibilities in technical management
- Organizes and directs network installations on site surveys
- Assesses and documents current site network configurations
- Directs and leads preparation of engineering plans and site installation technical design packages
- Develops installation schedules
- Mobilizes network installation team
- Directs and leads preparation of drawings which document configuration changes at each site
- Prepares site installation and test reports
- Coordinates post-installation operations and maintenance support
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience
- Secret Clearance of National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
- IAT Level II: CCNA-Security, GICSP, Security+CE or SSCP
- Computing Environment: CCNA
For more information on this position and to apply, please click here.