- SCHEDULE: M-F 3:30PM TO 12:30AM (OVERTIME AS NEEDED)
Responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Including the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at each specific Tarter site and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
- Work closely and provide leadership with quality personnel to review product consistency.
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Maintain work area in accordance with 5S system.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide coaching and guidance to all employees.
- Maintain adequate materials needed for plant operation.
Knowledge, skills & abilities: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Effective interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. This position performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 Years experience in manufacturing facility.
- Prior Supervisory skills desired.
- Welding experience and powder coating skills beneficial.
- Bilingual- Spanish a plus.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Decision making and interpersonal skills.
- Factory environment. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Supervisory: 3 years
- Manufacturing: 3 years
For more information on this position and to apply, click here.