Job Title: Teller – Floater
Reports to: Head Teller
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Retail Banking
Location: Elizabethtown KY
JOB SUMMARY: Provide service to customers regarding daily transactions including receiving deposits, cashing checks, accepting loan payments, disbursing cash. Receive and pay out money. Receive, negotiate, and forward negotiable instruments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
- Cash checks and process withdrawals. Pay out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enter transactions into teller transaction system. Give customer computer-generated receipt.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds and provide customers with required hold notices.
- Count, check and package coins and currency.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Report any discrepancies to the Head Teller as necessary.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Process customer orders for traveler’s checks, and cashier’s checks.
- Accept mortgage and consumer loan, and other payments, and ensure payments match balances due. Enter payments into teller transaction system and give customer computer-generated receipt.
- Process deposits received from night depository boxes.
- Process night depository bags, being sure to record proper information on the bank’s forms.
- Submit Currency Transaction Log (CTLs) on a timely basis, as needed
- Process cash advance transactions for customers
- Float to various banking centers as directed by Human Resources
- Comply with and assist others in complying with all relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations as it pertains to the functions of this position
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining individual P.E.P. monthly.
- Assist the bank in efforts to obtain and retain customers
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the bank’s profitability goals, including helping the bank not to lose money and helping the bank save money by improving job processes and achieving operational excellence
- Adequate cross training of all job duties have been considered.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of banking laws and regulations as they pertain to this position
- Knowledge of core processing system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and effective computer skills
- Ability to deal continuously with confidential information and to work under deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Self-starter and have the ability to research and stay current on banking laws
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good oral, written and human relations skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to deal tactfully with customers, both external and internal.
- Excellent customer service skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Some travel is expected in this position
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required