Responsible for assisting the Compliance Officer in completion of various tasks in order to ensure the effectiveness of the compliance department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stay abreast of federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry.
- Train and/or coach bank personnel in compliance requirements and how to comply with all requirements.
- Review and monitor adverse action notices for Regulation B compliance.
- Review HMDA Loan Application Register for accuracy
- Submission of HMDA Register and follow-up of edits
- Review and update approved appraiser list, including annual reviews of approved appraisers assignments
- Maintain updated records of approved appraisers’ information (insurance policies and licenses)
- Review information submitted by potential appraisers to be added to the approved list, and submit information to the Compliance Officer
- Order appraisals and review completed appraisal reports
- Review loans secured by properties located in a SFHA for compliance with regulations
- Review and monitor flood insurance policies
- Review and monitor compliance with Military Lending Act.
- Review and monitor compliance with Fair Lending Regulations.
- Prepare reports for Compliance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Monitor and track Community Reinvestment Act information (loans and community service)
- Complete a compliance review of residential real estate transactions
- Monitor and Review compliance with Regulation X and Z (TRID).
- Maintain the Compliance Calendar
- Maintain the Compliance Department intranet page
- Maintain bank’s NMLS system registrations for SAFE Act compliance, including additions, renewals, changes or removal of officer information
- Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations as it pertains to the functions of this position
- Assist the Compliance Officer in identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Assist Compliance Officer in coordinating with federal and/or state regulatory examiners during examinations, furnish examiners with requested information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete training/education courses to maintain high levels of competency in various areas of banking compliance
- Responsible for maintaining individual P.E.P. monthly.
- Assist the bank in efforts to obtain and retain customers
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the bank’s profitability goals, including helping the bank not to lose money and helping the bank save money by improving job processes and achieving operational excellence
- Other duties as assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of banking laws and regulations
- Knowledge of core processing system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and effective computer skills
- Ability to deal continuously with confidential information and to work under deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Self-starter and have the ability to research and stay current on banking laws
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure ,using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good oral, written and human relations skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to deal tactfully with customers, both external and internal.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Some travel is expected in this position
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- A college degree or related bank-compliance experience preferred
For more information and to apply, please click here.