Under minimal supervision, perform routine secretarial and clerical tasks related to loan files.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide courteous, quality customer service to bank loan customers, by greeting customers, primarily by phone, and communicating information about the banks services
- Gather and compile data to monitor lending compliance requirements and accuracy regarding Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Ability to Repay (ATR) rules, appraisal guidelines and High Cost Mortgages (HCM).
- Prepare loan documents for all consumer and commercial loans using the loan document platform.
- Keep track of closed loans and forward them to the Loan Servicing team in a timely manner.
- Maintain an understanding of the process for ordering services such as title opinions, title insurance, termite inspections, appraisals, insurance, payoff requests, etc.
- Maintain communication with loan officers through LEAPS (Loan Evaluation and Application Processing System) and provide frequent updates of loan documentation status
- Increase knowledge of current regulations in lending on a continuously changing basis thru seminars, in house training, e-learnings and webinars, etc.
- Comply with and assist others in complying with all relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations as it pertains to the functions of this position
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as backup for bank receptionist as needed
- Responsible for maintaining individual P.E.P. monthly.
- Assist the bank in efforts to obtain and retain customers
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the bank’s profitability goals, including helping the bank not to lose money and helping the bank save money by improving job processes and achieving operational excellence
- Other duties as assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of banking laws and regulations as they pertain to this position
- Knowledge of core processing system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and effective computer skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and with the pressure of unplanned deadlines.
- Ability to deal continuously with confidential information and to work under deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Self-starter and have the ability to research and stay current on banking laws
- Strong ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects at once
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good oral, written and human relations skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to deal tactfully with customers, both external and internal.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Some travel is expected in this position
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Previous loan operations experience preferred
For more information on this position and to apply, please click here.