At Tire Discounters, we pride ourselves on doing the right thing, delivering excellent car care, and outstanding customer service. Our Service Managers are the neighborhood’s trusted mechanic. Service Managers are responsible for developing, directing, and supervising a team of Service Technicians and Tire Technicians. You’ll lead a team to perform the highest level of quality of maintenance and repair services as well as achieving outstanding Customer Service results. The Service Manager position reports to the General Manager.
You’ll Lead the Shop:
You have exceptional communication skills. Above all, the Service Manager is held accountable for ensuring consistent and clear communication between the shop and the customers. You also have mechanic experience, a passion for quality and doing the right thing, and strong leadership skills.
What Our Service Managers Do:
- Supervise Service Technician and Tire Technician staff; evaluate the performance, provide training, and assist in the hiring, discipline and termination
- Exercise strong, fair, and consistent leadership with all employees
- Monitor and manage the workflow in the bays and keep sales staff informed on wait times
- Enforce all safety policies ensuring all safety goggles are worn, proper clothing is worn and all employees are working in a safe and clean environment
- Ensure consistent enforcement of all Tire Discounters policies and procedures
- Meet or exceed Tire Discounters Performance Standards for quality and speed of service
- Ensure all diagnostic procedures are followed and appropriate recommendations are given
- Enforce with all employees that the customer is our highest priority so that our integrity will never be questioned
- Ensure every vehicle has been inspected for needed services
- Ensure customers are satisfied with the services performed
- Partner with sales staff as needed to assist customers and help with other tasks as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and care of every customer vehicle
- Assist in the shop when needed.
We offer FULL benefits, including:
- Competitive salary including base + incentives
- Medical, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and 401k Program
- Employee discount program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Paid onsite, offsite and online training designed to encourage personal development
- Strong advancement opportunities – We want to see you grow and succeed!
- Five Day work week and weekly pay. No Sundays!
Service Manager Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience, college degree is a plus
- Previous mechanic experience
- Proven history of successful management/supervisory experience
- Strong telephone, verbal and written communication skills
- A.S.E. Certifications preferred but not required
- Valid in state motor vehicle license
- Ability to work Saturdays
How to Apply
Qualified candidates may also call our Career Hotline at (513) 618-7880 for more information about this position or other career opportunities with Tire Discounters. To apply, please click here.
Please also contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after submitting your application. Contact Whitney Allen today at firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Larson at email@example.com