The Transit Authority of River City (TARC), the major public transportation provider in the Greater Louisville area with bus routes in Jefferson, Bullitt and Oldham counties in Kentucky and Clark and Floyd counties in Indiana is currently seeking FULL-TIME Mechanics.
TARC is a 24/7 operation. Candidates must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed, including nights, weekends and holidays.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
- “A” Mechanic starting hourly rate of $24.03
- “B” Mechanic starting hourly rate of $22.02
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Participation in County Employee Retirement System
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- High School diploma or GED
- 18 years of age
- Current valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen
- Class B CDL with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements (CDL Permit is acceptable if obtained prior to date of hire).
- Successful performance on test(s)
- Minimum of 3 years diesel mechanic experience or 5 years automotive experience for Mechanic “A”
- Successful completion of certified training program for Mechanic “B”
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should apply in person at:
1000 West Broadway
Louisville, KY 40203
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (M-F)
Click here for more information.
Please contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after submitting your application. Contact Whitney Allen at Whitney@WhereOpportunityKnox.com or Linda Larson at Linda@WhereOpportunityKnox.com