Transporter: Hardin Memorial Hospital
Works every weekend, and as needed during the week
- Transports patients safely and efficiently to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair or moveable bed as requested, to include transport of patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips and special equipment.
- Follows appropriate transfer techniques and proper isolation/infection control procedures.
- Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicate changes to clinical staff.
- Provides distribution services of requested items between various departments as needed in accordance with established procedures.QUALIFICATIONS:
High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Six months experience in a hospital or long term care facility preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and equipment preferred.
- BLS preferred upon hire, required within six weeks of hire.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required to operate in a direct patient contact environment.
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to function with minimal direction in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multitask and manage stressful situations.
- Mandatory nonviolent crisis prevention training to be completed prior to end of orientation period and maintained annually.
Click here to apply.