The Manager of Payroll & Benefits is responsible for the training and development, of 2 direct reports, the Benefits Specialist and Payroll Coordinator, and is primarily accountable for the oversight of payroll and benefits administration. This position is responsible for providing direction and guidance to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives and managing strategic relationships with external auditors and state and federal agencies. The majority of the employee’s time is spent planning, coordinating, processing and managing the functions of the payroll/benefits department. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll and benefits administration, including state and federal regulations. As needed, this position provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans and payroll questions. Occasional travel may be required. The normal shift is 40 hours per week in the Louisville, KY office. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and may be assigned special projects as needed.
- Review all preliminary payroll reports for all locations to ensure payroll has been processed accurately and provide final approval for payroll transmission, ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws as well as compliance with NTC policies.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state(s) and federal wage and hour laws.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all payroll and benefit audits.
- Reviews quarterly and year-end payroll reports for accuracy.
- Balances year-end W-2 information and approves the release of W-2’s to employees.
- Investigate and resolve any issues with employee’s pay or reporting information.
- Oversees the administration of employee benefit programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs. This includes federal reporting requirements (5500s and 401K compliance testing).
- Review and approve input of all new hires as well as any/all employee information changes in the ADP system.
- Periodic review/audit of all payroll reports to ensure the accuracy of all deductions, taxing information, and 401K calculations.
- Process annual bonus payroll as well as oversee or directly prepare individual compensation letters for manager distribution.
- Reviews and approves all final pay calculations.
- Serve as the back-up when direct reports are out.
- Maintain the ADP portal.
- Assist with Open Enrollment activities, ADP system update, and material preparation.
- Prepare custom reporting in the ADP system as needed and when requested.
- Relevant degree or certification preferred. Will substitute experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility with Payroll/Benefits
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing people.
- Computer skills and thorough familiarity with MS Office or other computer software;
- Experience dealing in a multi-location organization with various stakeholders
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Please also contact one of our Regional Veteran Connectors after submitting your application. Contact Whitney Allen today at firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Larson at email@example.com